Ways to Donate

There are a number of ways you can donate to WV Health Right to help us continue to provide vital and lifesaving healthcare to low-income uninsured/underinsured, and underserved adults throughout south-central West Virginia.

Donate Online

Donate to WV Health Right



Donate by Mail

You can send your donation to: 

WV Health Right
Attention: Angie Settle
1520 Washington Street East
Charleston, WV 25311

If you have questions please call:

Angie Settle, CEO
(304) 414-5931 or asettle@wvhealthright.org

Matching Gifts

Many companies offer matching gift programs to encourage employees to contribute to charitable organizations. These programs typically match your contributions dollar for dollar. Please check with your employer about their matching gift program, complete the required forms, and send your donation to WV Health Right.


Goodsearch is a search engine that donates revenue to the charity its users designate. Goodsearch is used like any other search engine and is powered by Yahoo; the difference is that if you select WV Health Right as your charity, the clinic receives about a penny per search—if 500 of us use Goodsearch four times a day, WV Health Right would generate approximately $7,300 a year without anybody spending a dime. The next time you are searching for something on the ‘Net’, go to www.goodsearch.com and be sure to enter WV Health Right as your charity of choice!

Gifts of Securities

A gift of appreciated securities held for more than one year can provide significant benefits to you as well as WV Health Right. If you are interested in donating securities, please call Angie Settle at (304) 414-5931 for instructions and forms.


In December 2005, the WV Health Right Board of Directors, in an act of prudent stewardship and fiduciary responsibility, established a permanent endowment for the clinic. WV Health Right, while traditionally successful in its fundraising, relies on many sources of funding that could become sporadic or unreliable. An endowment ensures that in periods of financial stress the clinic can continue to serve the health needs of its patients. Further, grants typically are not available for maintenance or capital needs of the organization. Our endowment is designed to ensure that the uninsured poor will have access to healthcare through WV Health Right. The Greater Kanawha Valley Foundation manages the endowment. For additional information regarding the endowment contact:

Ann Hyre
Deputy Director
by phone: (304) 414-5919
by email: AnnHyre@wvhealthright.org
or The Greater Kanawha Valley Foundation at (304) 346-3620.

United Way

If you choose WV Health Right as your targeted United Way charity, your donation will be deducted from your paycheck. This is an easy and convenient way to provide support for the clinic.

Please visit United Way of Central WV: www.unitedwaycwv.org.

In Lieu of Flowers

When a loved one has passed, you may choose to have family and friends make a donation to WV Health Right rather than sending flowers. WV Health Right will send a personal thank you note to each donor and send the designated family a list of donors and their addresses.

In Honor Of

Make a donation to commemorate a holiday, birthday, wedding, or other special occasion. The special person you honor will receive a letter from WV Health Right notifying him/her of your thoughtfulness and generosity.

Support of the Annual Dinner and Auction

WV Health Right’s annual dinner and auction is the clinic’s major community fundraising event. Held each year in September, you can support the event by buying a table, buying individual tickets, making a monetary donation to offset event costs, and donating items to be auctioned.

For more information regarding the annual fundraiser contact:

Ann Hyre
Deputy Director
by phone: (304) 414-5919
by email: AnnHyre@wvhealthright.org

Planned Giving

Planned giving integrates a donor’s charitable gift with his or her overall financial, tax, and estate planning goals to maximize benefits to both the donor and WV Health Right. For more information, contact your broker or tax advisor.